- Blog: This year we will work hard to improve communication with our community, a great way to stay informed is to read our blog which will be updated every 2 weeks.
- Text messaging: Our District is sending out the SMS flyer Eng and Span via Peachjar electronic distribution to encourage more parents to opt-in. You can receive text messages from both the school site and the District. This is especially important in a crisis or emergency.
- School Messenger for parent notification: We will also send out regular School Messenger voice mails, so please make sure we have updated email addresses and phone numbers to ensure you receive all communication.
- 1st through 6th-grade students are to line up in the back of the school each morning, Morning Line Assignments McMillin staff will be present and can assist students and families in finding their lines.
- Here is a link to the Daily Schedule. School begins promptly at 8:15 am for grades K-6th. TK starting at 8:00am
- Dismissal M-Th for 1st Through 6th grade will be at 2:45 pm, Fridays at 1:15 pm (TK and Kinder parents please check with your teachers for your schedule)
- Students being picked up by car will be picked up on the playground. Staff will be out the first couple of weeks to guide you to your pick-up spot.
- No classroom changes will be considered until after the first 10 days of school.
- If you have any information you believe will help us to support your child, please communicate that information with your teacher ASAP
- Wed. July 19th will be an early release day for all students 1st-6th (1:15 pm)
- There is no student drop off on RED CURBS!!!
- We do not celebrate student birthdays with food treats (cupcakes, etc). Any food items brought to school for celebrations will be sent back home with your child at the end of the day
Traffic flow for after school pick up:
Take a look at the map below for a visual on the traffic flow. Any students not picked up by 3 pm will walk to the front of the school for pick-up. This flow minimizes the backup on Santa Cora Ave. I urge you to continue to follow all traffic rules and please exhibit common courtesy at all times. All cars must move as far forward as possible to keep the traffic flowing. Do not stop in the middle of the flow and call your child over to you. Rather than have them wait for you at the pick-up area and quickly enter the car, then continue driving.
Finally, we need volunteers to help us keep traffic flowing, put out and pick up traffic cones and to guide students to the appropriate areas. If you are able to contribute 15 minutes of your time before or after school, please let me know.