Aug 27-31

Hello McMillin Beagles!

First I’d like to congratulate all of our students that participated in this years Student Council elections. Its great to see our students taking the initiative to get invloved and make a difference. We have a great new council ready to get started with thier plans to make our school better than ever!

I’d also like to take a moment to thank our wonderful PTA for organizing our first assembly of the year. Students had the opportunity to learn more about the prevention of bullying through a great presentation put on by the local Pride Martial Arts group. They shared important tips on how to deal with bullying as well as promoting the prevention of it. In addition, students had an opportunity to learn a little about the discipline of martial arts and how having respect and discipline are key factors in dealing with bullying.

Parents a quick reminder that Tuesday Aug 28th is Picture Day for the students! Also looking ahead, please look for information from your child’s teacher regarding Parent/Teacher conferences which will run from Sept 13-20. In the weeks ahead I’ll be blogging some important tips for you to keep in mind when speaking to your teacher.

I hope everybody has a great week, I know we will as we work our way towards pushing our API to 940!!