Blog Dec 17-21

Well its the last week of school for 2012 and man has it flown by! This week students can expect a lot of assessment and celebration. In the evening our McMillin Community can look forward to our annual Winter Sing, where students will join together to sing Christmas carols. Make sure to get your cameras ready to capture these great memories.

As we wrap up the year I want to take a moment to give thanks to all those that continue to make McMillin an amazing place to be.

To my parents and community thank you for your support and your commitment to making our school a special place. Every week I hear from different families about how much they appreciate the efforts of the staff and how their children are really happy. Nothing makes me smile more!

To my PTA…what an amazing group of parents. Not many people know just how much time and effort you give, but the truth is without you our school would be just another hum drum building. Our PTA is GREAT!

To my staff…from the moment you enter our campus everyone is greeted professionally and with a smile, which sets the stage for people who visit that this is a quality school. Our teachers are bar none the most professional collection of educators in the District. You continue to impress me with your efforts to improve your craft and your love and dedication to the students. From TK to 6th grade our students are blessed to be in your class and receive an excellent academic education. More importantly the students are fortunate to be with a teacher that truly cares for them and sees in them the potential they possess.

And finally to my students. Nearly 20 years ago I decided to work with kids and I am one of the lucky people that can say it was the best decision of my life. Every day  I wake up knowing I can make a difference, knowing that even on the worst days I will have the opportunity to see hundreds of smiling faces that want nothing more than someone to listen to them, play with them, and help them. As a student you continually provide inspiration to me and show me the good in the world. You constantly teach me that the world is full of love and that we can overcome whatever evils and tragedies exists. You give me hope for the future and make me thankful that I have an important role in that future. McMillin students are a special bunch and I am so very proud of you. I can wait to experience the new year with you, as I am certain you are going to make it a fantastic!

Important Reminders:

• Winter Sing at 6 pm. Come join us for Christmas Carols!
    • 1st grade Dec 18
    • 2nd & 4th grade Dec 19
    • 3rd, 5th, 6th grade Dec 20
    • Kinder Dec 21st (8:30 am)
  • Winter Vacation Dec 24-Jan 11
    • Students return Jan 15
  • Parents if you’d like a helpful resource to use with your children regarding the recent tragedy click here Talking to Children About Violence