Find us on Facebook at McMillin Elementary School PTA
Contact us by email at mcmillin.pta.volunteer
Here are a few areas or ways to be involved!
- Beagle Bolt Jog-a-Thon – Our schools biggest fundraiser! The PTA and teachers work together to make this a fun event for our students and make it an easy fundraiser for our school. All of the money earned stays here on our school site to help fund things like field-trips, in-class computer programs, and supplies. Scheduled for Sept. 8, 2017.
- Games/Movie/Field Sports Nights – Just ways for us to build community. We hope to host at least 1 event per quarter. First game night – Tuesday, August 29th @6:30 – 8:00pm.
- School Camp-Out – First time for us to try this! This would be an opportunity for your family to come and set up a tent on the back lawn to sleep at the school. Sounds fun right?? We would have hot dogs for dinner, outdoor games to play, and a night-time movie. If you are interested in helping with the planning for this fun, family event – please let us know! Scheduled for October 13-14th.
- Red-Ribbon Week – Helping promote Student Safety, Drug, and Alcohol-Free Campaigns. October 2017
- Book Fair at Barnes and Noble (Otay Ranch) – This is an easy event to help with, and a great way to help raise money to purchase books and other items for the school. Date TBD – Late November or early December 2017
- Holiday Store – A fun event for our students – giving them a place to purchase gifts for family members. We need help to work in the store during student lunch hours and after school. December 2017 – Actual dates still to be determined.
- Winter Sing for grades K-2– Fun family evening where we gather as a school and enjoy the arts! Volunteers needed to help organize kids for their grade level events. December 2017
- Beyond Awareness – Something special for our McMillin students, where we have special speakers and visitors on our campus sharing their stories of learning or physical disabilities, and how they have found ways to share their talents and abilities! Spring 2018
- Reading week – We look for volunteers to come and read in classrooms. March 2018
- Spring Carnival – A really fun family event, where we get to enjoy the community! But lots of volunteers needed in preparation for the event, and the day of! Spring 2018
- Staff Appreciation – Helping to find creative ways to encourage and appreciate our school staff by preparing meals or decorating doors, or organizing class thank you’s! May 2018
- McMillin’s Got Talent – A fun event for students, to show-case all of the talent at McMillin! This is a great family event that needs help with decorating, and organizing! May 2018.
- Food – Everyone loves to gather around food! If you enjoy and are able to help with baking or food prep for staff or parent events, let us know! We need you 🙂
Please sign up so we can contact you with upcoming events and needs, or follow us on Facebook to see updates there as well!