This Week at McMillin – April 19th – 23rd

Reminder: Please Communicate About the Reason for Any Student Absence  

Dear CVESD Parents/Guardians: 

We are very excited to have our students back on our campuses! We missed our students greatly. As always, please contact your school office staff if your student will be absent from school for any reason, regardless of whether they are in hybrid or distance learning.   

Please note, for students physically at school in hybrid learning, it is very important that parents/guardians speak with school office staff regarding the reason for any student absence from class. For the health and safety of all students and staff, students who are absent without parent contact will not be allowed back on campus until the parent/guardian discusses the reason for the absence with school office staff.   

• If a student is sick, we will ask ​the parent to confirm which symptoms the student is experiencing.  
  • If symptoms align with symptoms of COVID-19, ​the school will follow the COVID-19 Decision Tree in collaboration with ​the school site nurse. 
  • If ​symptoms are part of a chronic condition, the school will work with the school site nurse to determine the next steps.   
  • If symptoms are not a possible symptom of COVID-19, the student will be welcomed back to school after following normal school health protocols.  

We look forward to an amazing rest of our school year. Thank you for your support of our learning environment.  

CVESD COVID-19 Testing Program

CVESD is collaborating with the County of San Diego, the State of California and Primary Health (system that reports test results to the state) to conduct free COVID Antigen Testing for our staff and students over the next couple months. For more information, see email, with same subject line, from CVESD Office of Communications sent on Friday, April 9 at approximately 6.30 p. or visit the District or school website.

If you would like your student(s) to get tested for COVID-19 through the CVESD testing program, please register and provide consent by clicking on the link provided on the email sent on 4/16th at 11:15. When you have registered your student once, you will not need to register again if they continue to be tested in our on-going program. This link is personal to one student, so please do not share with anyone.  If you have more than one student at CVESD, you will receive an email/text with the link to register each student.

Testing is only for CVESD Staff and Students.

On April 29th, McMillin we will start a two-week rotation. McMillin will provide on-demand testing, which means that we are accepting “walk-ins”—no appointments are necessary, however, McMillin will not allow students to be taken out of academic/in-person learning time to be tested. In addition, employees and students will have the opportunity to test at the Education Services and Support Center, 84 East J Street, Chula Vista, CA  91910, every Friday if you are unable to attend your school’s testing or would like to be tested more frequently.

For more information on the CVESD COVID-19 Antigen Testing Program, please call (619) 425-9600 ext. 1327 or ext. 1027.

This year – So, when I went to go get my picture taken at school and the photographer asked me if I wanted to take off my glasses. I thought at the time, that is weird, no one has asked me that before. I thought to myself, no, because students would not know who I was with them off. Well, I forgot that my new glasses are transitions.

This will be my picture this year on every classroom composite. I hope this makes you smile.

Makeup Picture Day and 6th Grade Promotion Pictures – Friday, May 7th

12:00-1:00–TK, Kinder, 1st Grades
1:00-2:00–2nd, 3rd, 4th Grades
2:00-3:00–5th, 6th, SDC
3:00-4:00–All grades

If unable to come at scheduled grade level time, please feel free to come anytime between 12:00-4:00 pm

6th Grade Graduation Pictures will be also from
12:00-4:00 pm

A Look Ahead

Wednesday, April 21, 2020 – McMillin’s Virtual SSC Meeting at 3:00 Agenda 4_21_2021

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 – CVESD Virtual DAC/DELAC at 6 pm

Thursday, April 29, 2021 – CVESD Virtual BLAC meeting at 6 pm

2 thoughts on “This Week at McMillin – April 19th – 23rd

1. Hi, do you have the website where we can order our school pictures? I misplaces the card that was given to us during picture day! oops. Thank you!