Welcome Back McMillin Beagles
McMillin Families and Friends,
We are so excited!!!!! April 12, here we come! Your child’s assignment is posted on the window outside the office. (TK and SDC are not). Please take a moment to watch these videos and read FAQs in their entirety. We ask that parents follow all traffic and safety procedures. Reminder to those staying in Distance Learning, your schedule will stay very similar to what it is now except for Fridays. We are so EXCITED to see OUR BEAGLES!!
Just in case you missed it:
- Click HERE to watch our video on Appropriate and Inappropriate mask-wearing at McMillin.
- New Bathroom procedures for students.
- Arrival and Dismissal Video for Parents and Students: McMillin Arrival and Dismissal Procedures.
- McMillin Parent Handbook: McMillin Parent Handbook-HybridandDistance 4_10_2021
- Principals Chat on March 19th
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can my child walk to school? Can parents walk with them?
A: Yes, however, parents will not be allowed across our blue line or through the gates.
Q: Will the back gate be open?
A: Yes, but only to 1-6 grade. Kindergarten, TK, and SDC will come to the front of the school for one on one hand-off.
Q: Can my child ride a bike, scooter, or skateboard?
- A: Yes, but students MUST wear a helmet. If they are not wearing a helmet and riding, we will keep the bike, scooter, or skateboard in the office for parents to pick up.
Q: What happens if my child is late for school?
- A: We have a system in place at the front office to screen and temperature check them there. If your child accumulates 3 unexcused absences, he or she will be placed back in distance learning.
Q: Does my child need to bring a computer back and forth to school?
- A: No unless they are in the YMCA program. We are going to limit our use of computers on campus except for research, help with online assignments, etc. We have computers on campus for students to use when applicable.
Q: Can my child bring a snack?
- A: No, they may not bring a snack.
Q: Can my child be walked to school by an older sibling?
- A: Yes, we would love big brothers or sisters to help. They will need to drop their younger siblings off first before they head to their grade level gate.
Q: How will my child know where to go once they are on campus?
- A: We have over 20 adults waiting to help your child. Don’t know the room number or have never been on campus before. We will help. The teachers will also be waiting for your students outside and welcoming them into class. No one will be left behind
Q: How do we get a parking pass for our SDC, TK, and Kindergarten parking lot?
- A: SDC, TK, and Kindergarten students will be given a pass on the first day of school.
Q: How do I sign in my YMCA students if the Bus Loop is going to be closed to parent drop off?
- A: You may drop off students from 7:30-7:55 am in our bus loop or pick up after 3:30. The loop will be closed from 8:00-3:30 every day. You will need to park in our parking lot and walk over to YMCA. Emilio has a parking pass for you as well.
Q: What if I need to change my child’s placement in Hybrid or Distance Learning?
- A: Please fill out this survey and your child will be placed on a Waitlist. We will let you know when and if there is an opening in the preferred placement.
Q: Didn’t answer your question?
- A: Please email your child’s teacher or our Admin team. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com . Or call the office at 619 397-0103 *Remember our office will be closed from 8:00-8:30 and from 3:00-3:30 to help students with arrival and dismissal.
Spirit Week – Let’s show our school spirit online and at school!! Monday is Hawaiian – ALOHA DAY
Student Lunch Schedule Change
Our drive-up school lunches can be picked up on Wednesday now from 1:00-2:00 pm. Yes, you can still drive up the bus loop to pick up.
Student Class Assignments
Student Class assignments are posted on the front office windows until Monday Morning. SDC and TK classes are not posted.