Principal

Hello, my name is Cindy Orr, and I have been the proud Principal of McMillin Elementary School for 5 years. I am always looking forward to building long-lasting relationships with you and your children.

Foggy Day in Catalina

I am originally from Napa Valley and have been living in Chula Vista for the past nineteen years. I have two wonderful boys that keep me very active from mountain bike riding to sailing. They also had the wonderful opportunity to go to school at McMillin Elementary. Family is extremely important to me, and I look forward to introducing my family to yours.

During my thirty years in education, I have worked with students in preschool through sixth grade in both Napa Valley and Chula Vista. I helped open McMillin in 2001 as a teacher and taught here for 9 years. I have been an instructional coach at Montgomery Elementary and an Associate Principal at Camarena Elementary. I have a Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education and a Masters Degree in Mathematics and Science in Elementary Education. I also work with a nonprofit organization: Childhelp, National Organization that helps in the prevention and care of children of abuse.

The connection between home and school is necessary for the success of our children. There are many ways for you to be involved in your child’s education at school, and at home. Please look for blogs from me sharing upcoming events and tips for working with your child at home.

Please know that my door is always open and that creating a safe and nurturing school climate for your child is my top priority.

Sincerely,

Cindy Orr, Principal

McMillin Elementary School

cynthia.orr@cvesd.org

Follow McMillin on Twitter and Instagram @McMillinCVESD